Sunday, August 14, 2011

My first mini-album

Hello everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! I have some pictures to share of my first mini-album. This mini-album was actually completed in July for my friend Lisa (Hi Lisa!). Lisa is not a frilly kind of girl so I tried to keep the album relatively simple---with the exception of the cover. I kept adding stuff to that corner. I couldn't seem to help myself. :) But I think it looks pretty good. The inside is made from envelopes and the cover was created using grudge board (love it!). I found most of the techniques used in this mini-album in videos on Youtube...especially from a really crafty lady named Laura---her Youtube channel is Follow the Paper Trail. You should definitely check her out! She is crazy creative! (Thanks for all the videos Laura.)

Here is a close up of the upper corner.

Sorry the picture is turned on it's side....but i think you can see the details. I mostly used glossy accents to attach all the various embellishments. That stuff is magic! :) Oh and I made the stickpins myself.

Here are a few pictures of the inside of the album...





I used the Mariposa paper pack from Die Cuts With A View on this album. All in all, I am pretty pleased with this attempt and I learned a few things along the way. Hopefully Lisa will enjoy it and use it for pictures of her little furry daughter, Haylee. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts